Wednesday, November 16, 2022 at noon on Zoom.
The EAN Clean Transportation Equity Network Action Team had a goal of advancing a collaborative process to identify Vermonters’ challenges in the transportation and transit equity spaces and their experiences navigating existing clean transportation programs. In order to do this, they partnered with organizations who could host focus group conversations throughout the summer of 2022 with the communities they serve who experience unmet transportation needs, and/or who may be less represented in statewide conversations around clean transportation. The aim was to hear from Vermonters who experience high transportation cost burden and/or low transportation access, disproportionate transportation pollution, Vermonters with low income, youth, rural residents, those experiencing linguistic isolation, or those experiencing oppression or racism. This webinar will share highlights from those focus groups and key takeaways.
Read or download the Clean Transportation Equity Report here
Speakers will include
- Jordan Giaconnia (Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility)
- Amanda Carlson (Capstone Community Action)
- Luke Rackers (Central Vermont Council on Aging)
- Michael Weiss (Rights and Democracy)
- Kim Anetsberger (Lamoille Community House)
- Lorena Neironi Rossi (Champlain Valley Office of Economic Opportunity)