Operations & Events Manager Position Description
Energy Action Network (EAN) is a diverse and collaborative network of over two hundred non-profits, businesses, public agencies, and other organizations across Vermont working together in a collective impact framework for a common mission: to achieve Vermont’s energy and climate commitments in ways that create a more just, thriving, and sustainable future for Vermonters.
EAN is supported by a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, made up of a small staff that serve a backbone coordination and support role for the Network.
EAN produces an Annual Progress Report for Vermont that is a highly respected independent resource for tracking and analysis of Vermont’s statewide progress toward its energy and emissions reduction commitments. EAN also convenes Network members at an Annual Summit and regular online and in person events such as a speaker series and meetings of Network Action Teams.
Operations & Events Manager Role
EAN’s Operations & Events Manager will fill a key administrative and communications role in our efforts to serve as a trusted convener and an effective steward of efforts to achieve the Network’s mission. EAN’s work enables large-scale change by fostering collaboration among a diverse group of stakeholders in a rapidly evolving energy landscape.
The Operations & Events Manager will work closely with and be supervised by the Executive Director and collaborate with other staff and the Network. EAN’s small staff collaboratively fill a variety of roles. We are looking for a new staff member who can perform all of the Key Areas of Responsibility listed below, and at least one of the Potential Areas of Responsibility.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage the EAN website – including making regular edits to the site and overseeing work with web developers for any major updates or redesign.
- Manage Network wide communications, including the Total Energy News monthly e-newsletter.
- Manage EAN social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter).
- Coordinate production of EAN videos and promotional materials with contractors.
- Lead or support transition to a CRM for tracking Network Membership, partners, and funders.
- Coordinate the annual EAN Network Summit and other Network Convenings and celebrations in collaboration with the Network Manager.
- Revive the Leveraging Change Speaker Series including in person and webinar events.
Potential areas of additional responsibility
Fundraising – Support grant writing, grant management, and/or individual donor cultivation. Coordinate Summit Sponsorships.
Network Action Team Support – Support and facilitate one or two EAN work groups as they work to define and meet shared goals.
Data and Analysis – Support data collection and analysis, writing, and/or project management for the Annual Progress Report for Vermont. Coordinate and plan polling and focus group efforts.
Desired Skills/ Experience
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal,
- Project management: highly organized with attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines,
- Experience working in highly collaborative relationships, including with high-level public and private stakeholders,
- Experience managing contractors or consultants,
- Comfort with fast-paced, independent work environment with good time management skills.
- Strong personal commitment to the mission of EAN,
- Familiarity and comfort with Vermont’s political culture,
- Sense of humor, patience, flexibility.
Compensation & Location
- Salary for this core, full-time position will be commensurate with experience and qualifications with total salary and benefits package ranging between $60,000 – $70,000.
- Benefits include paid time off for vacation, holidays, and sick leave; a match of employee retirement contributions up to 3% of salary in a Simple IRA; employer sponsored disability and life insurance; and the option of health, dental, and vision insurance.
- This position is located at EAN’s office in downtown Montpelier, VT, but will involve some travel around the state. Some remote work is possible.
How to Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter outlining your interest in the work of EAN, and what you would bring to this important collaborative effort to email@example.com. Address applications to: Jared Duval, Executive Director, Energy Action Network.
Application review begins late August of 2022.
Position open until filled. EAN is an equal opportunity employer.