The Vermont Energy Future Initiative is a diverse, multi-sectoral group of leaders convened by the Energy Action Network. The shared goal of all Initiative members is to develop ideas and advance actions that can make significant progress towards meeting Vermont’s 2025 total energy and emissions reduction commitments while creating a more just, thriving, and sustainable future for Vermonters.
Our indicators of progress over the next six years include:
- Significant reductions in fossil fuel use and carbon pollution from energy
- Substantial increases in the share of our energy needs met via efficiency and renewables and the number of clean energy jobs in Vermont
- Vermonters who are energy-secure and resilient
- A stronger and more just Vermont economy
- An energy landscape that both benefits from and protects our natural resources and working lands.