Energy Action Network (EAN) is seeking a motivated, collaborative, and multi-skilled leader with a proven ability to foster coordination and cooperation among diverse partners. The successful applicant will have excellent facilitation and communication skills, and will become a core part of our non-profit staff team in a senior management, permanent, full-time employment position.
EAN is a diverse network of hundreds of non-profit, business, public agency, and other organizations across Vermont working together in a collective impact framework and supported by a core staff to further the Network’s mission: to achieve Vermont’s 90% renewable by 2050 total energy commitment and to significantly reduce Vermont’s greenhouse gas emissions in ways that create a more just, thriving, and sustainable future for Vermonters.
The Network is supported by a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization (Energy Action Network, Inc.), currently made up of three full-time staff that serves a backbone coordination and support role for the Network.
EAN’s Network Manager plays a key coordination role in our efforts to serve as a trusted convener and an effective steward of efforts to achieve the Network’s mission. EAN’s work enables large-scale change by fostering collaboration among a diverse group of stakeholders in a rapidly evolving energy landscape. As such, the role of Network Manager involves working with and across multiple interests and members to foster learning, collaboration, and innovation that advances a common agenda. It requires continually tracking progress toward goals, coordinating the efforts of organizational leaders with busy schedules, managing Network events and communications, and an understanding of the energy needs, policies, and technologies that are driving change in Vermont and elsewhere. The Network Manager will work closely with and be supervised by the Executive Director and collaborate with other staff and Network members to provide backbone support to the Network. Specifically, the Network Manager’s responsibilities will include:
- Help create the conditions that allow network members to come together and work on transformative issues, ideas, and projects, that no one member could complete on their own, in support of our shared mission.
- Develop and facilitate engaging, relevant, productive agendas for network gatherings, including the annual Summit, Action Teams, ad hoc work groups, planning meetings, speaker series, etc.
- Provide coordination and logistical support to EAN work groups as they work to define and meet shared goals (includes facilitative support of Action Teams and other groups that emerge in support of our mission)
- Execute event planning and logistics for network gatherings, both in person and remote
- Identify and onboard new Network member organizations
- Design and manage Network evaluation tools
- Manage Network database (Constant Contact)
- Support the Executive Director in ensuring that EAN helps frame and advance Vermont’s energy & climate conversation with the best available evidence and information
- Manage the production of EAN’s Annual Progress Report for Vermont
- Manage effective communications across the network, including the Total Energy News monthly e-newsletter
- Manage EAN social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter)
- Support the Executive Director with Media Relations, including drafting press releases, scheduling interviews, etc.
- Serve as an ambassador for the mission, vision, and work of EAN network
Desired Skills/ Experience
- Experience developing and maintaining highly collaborative relationships, including with high-level public and private stakeholders
- Outstanding facilitation skills and experience, including multi-stakeholder meetings and processes, both in-person and virtual
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Project management: highly organized with attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with or strong interest in a collaborative network model in general and/or the collective impact model specifically
- Ability to grasp complex systems change strategies for collective impact
- Strong knowledge of comprehensive (transportation, heating, electricity, and efficiency) energy issues and policy in Vermont preferred
- Comfort with fast-paced, independent work environment with good time management skills
- Comfort with technology that supports collaborative and remote work and communications, including Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Dropbox, Zoom, Constant Contact, WordPress, etc.
- Strong personal commitment to the mission of EAN
- Familiarity and comfort with Vermont’s economic and political culture
- Sense of humor, enthusiasm, patience, flexibility
Compensation & Location
- Salary for this core, full-time position will be $60K – $70K, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- The position includes a competitive benefits package, including health (with dental and vision), retirement, and vacation.
- This position is currently remote but will be long-term located at EAN’s office in downtown Montpelier, VT, with some opportunity for continued remote work, as well as some travel to member and partner organizations around the state.
How to Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter outlining your interest in the work of EAN, what you would bring to this important collaborative effort to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address applications to: Jared Duval, Executive Director, Energy Action Network
Applications due by November 30, 2020. Position open until filled.
EAN is an equal opportunity employer.