EAN is hosting a ‘Pre-Summit’ in-person event May 24th to bring together Network members and start planning pitches for the EAN Summit in September.
This year’s Pre-Summit event will be held on May 24th, 2022 from 8:30am-1:30pm at the Vermont College of Fine Arts’ Alumnx Hall, located at 45 College Street in Montpelier (please note, the time has moved earlier in the day than originally planned, to accommodate the schedules of several attendees). No virtual option will be offered. All Network members and public sector partners who would usually attend our Summit are welcome to attend.
- 8:30-9am: Networking: Coffee/tea and pastries/fruit
- 9-9:45am: Welcome & Context setting: GWSA & Climate Action Plan context, EAN data updates, Q&A
- 9:45-10:05am: Network Action Teams: Progress made, next steps, Q&A
- 10:10-11am: Brainstorming through World Cafe conversations
- 11am-12pm: Breakout discussions to start planning pitch details
- 12-12:30pm: Report outs on progress and plans
- 12:30-1:30pm: Lunch, networking, continued (unstructured) conversations
Pricing for this event is: $50 for individuals until May 6th, or $65 afterwards. We also have a no/low cost option for legislators or those whose employer cannot cover the cost, which is $0 until May 6th, or $15 afterwards.
COVID-19 note: This event will take place in a highly ventilated, high-ceilinged room indoors, with chances to take discussions outside, weather permitting. We have included a survey in our registration about guests’ preferences for masking dependent on community COVID-19 level by the CDC the week of the event. Early registrants have indicated they would like a higher level of precaution than we had initially suggested. In response, we will ask guests to wear masks while indoors if any county in Vermont is designated as having high COVID levels. Unvaccinated guests will be asked to mask regardless. If the results of our survey indicate our community would prefer to be more cautious, we will have masks available at the door and let you know.
EAN’s Summit brought to you in partnership with: